Escape to a special place where the aroma of fresh baked cookies fills the air. Where families and friends gather to visit and share the days events. In this special place, warm and lasting memories are made and treasured. This special retreat is your newly remodeled kitchen.
Whatever your personal style, there are many fine features you should look for in every kitchen remodel:
- Use only a contractor, who is licensed, bonded, has both general liability and workers compensation insurance.
- Make sure your contractor acquires all the necessary permits from the building department. The only way you can be sure your kitchen was built or remodeled correctly so you and your family are safe and will enjoy many years of performance is to require this important step.
- Make sure you get Professional Architectural drawings (using AutoCAD) where you will see your new kitchen before any work begins. This way you’ll get a clear visual picture of your kitchen remodeling project.
- A good contractor will provide a personal kitchen consultant to coordinate your kitchen suite of fixtures, accessories, and appliances.
- Keep in mind that architectural tiles and stones capture the timeless elegance of classic craftsmanship.
- Request quality materials like Toto®, Blanco®, and Kohler® sinks to enhance the style and décor of your personal cooking retreat.
- Time saving amenities such as steel Susan’s, full extension drawers, cabinet pull-outs, appliance hideaways, spice racks, cookie sheet space, trash storage pull outs, and many more augment your kitchen remodeling project.
- Employ energy efficient recessed lighting, such as Halo® Air-Tight™ lighting to create that luxurious ambient illumination.
- Choose genuine jewel-like beveled edge glass that reflects timeless beauty.
- Look for solid drawers, doors, and frames that have been sculptured using attention to detail that only a fine craftsman can achieve.
- Be sure all cabinets are handcrafted from select grades of hardwoods that embrace both tradition and excellence.
- Choose quality windows such as Milgard®, Andersen®, and Marvin® to fill your retreat with beautiful, spacious, uplifting natural light and fresh air.
- Fine architectural finishes using Dunn Edwards® paints and lacquers entice the senses and relax the soul.
- Stone, granite, Zodiaq®, or Corian® countertops and splashes bring natural beauty and elegance to your retreat.
Equipped with the right information, you can find a kitchen remodeling contractor who will do things the right way and give your special project the attention it deserves.
If you have any questions about kitchen remodeling, please call me, Dan Derkum, at (949) 380-0177 or e-mail me by filling out our quick contact form.