Take Special Care of Vehicles During Wildfire Season
This abbreviated article on “Take Special Care of Vehicles During Wildfire Season” was recently published by the California Contractors State License Board (CSLB). With all the ash and smoke we are receiving, I wanted to share with you this super helpful article.
SACRAMENTO – The California Contractors State License Board (CSLB) is encouraging special attention to vehicles and equipment during wildfire season. Ash and smoke from wildfires can settle on vehicles. This can damage the exterior paint, especially vehicles parked outside for long periods of time. Dirty air filters can also affect the vehicle’s performance and potentially be harmful to drivers and passengers.
California’s Bureau of Automotive Repair (BAR) and the American Automobile Association (AAA) says you should remember the following tips when maintaining your vehicle(s) during wildfire season:
- Do not let ash and soot sit on a vehicle for long periods of time. It can eat away at the vehicle’s paint and clear coat.
- Be careful when you wash or wipe down your vehicle. Use only a soft cloth or duster. Ash and soot are more abrasive than regular dirt. These can scratch the vehicle’s surface as you try to wipe it away.
- If you wash your own vehicle, rinse first with water. Then wash thoroughly with soap. Dry completely.
- Take your vehicle(s) to a BAR-licensed auto repair shop and have them inspect and, if necessary, replace the engine and cabin air filters. Find a licensed auto repair shop near you using BAR’s Auto Shop Locator at ca.gov.
- It is also a good time to check and change wiper blades.
- Keep your vehicles in a garage or warehouse or use a car cover whenever possible.
Always Hire a Reliable and Dependable Contractor to Remodel your Bathroom, Kitchen, and Entire Home
Always work with a trustworthy contractor like DAD’s Construction. We are experts in bathroom, kitchen, and interior remodeling. We remodel and manage projects in an efficient manner. DAD’s Construction will do everything to minimize the possibility of change orders. Our team will make sure we have all the necessary information to prepare a proposal that meets your requirements. Rest assured that we will provide you with a detailed, by line-item contract. We will make sure that the contents of this agreement are properly and clearly communicated to you. If you have questions or need updates regarding your project, we will always answer your inquiries.
How Can I Receive More Information on Remodeling my Home?
If you would like more information on enjoying the best bathroom, kitchen, and interior remodeling experience in Orange County, call Dan at (949) 380-0177 or at firstname.lastname@example.org for a free in home consultation. DAD’s serves all of South Orange County California. This includes Lake Forest, Mission Viejo, Foothill Ranch, Portola Hills, Ladera Ranch, Irvine, San Clemente, Dana Point, San Juan Capistrano, Rancho Santa Margarita, Coto de Caza, Dove Canyon, Laguna Niguel, Laguna Hills, Newport Beach, and Aliso Viejo.