Mission Viejo Guest Bathroom Remodel
“Thank you” does not express enough on how we feel about our new Mission Viejo guest bathroom remodel. The bathroom turned out amazing! My husband and I were leery about hiring someone to come into our home, relinquish our keys to and remodel the bathroom. We had heard horror stories and have watched way too many episodes of “Holmes on Homes” on HGTV to know what goes wrong and can go wrong….well…….all we can say is Mike Holmes meet Dan Derkum…in our opinion, Dan is the Holmes on Homes of Orange County. From our first meeting with Dan, we felt comfortable and at ease.
We knew we made the right decision by selecting DAD’s Construction. Dan took the time to go over everything with us, our wishes, our must haves, what we did or did not like, explained everything, itemized all the costs and what was entailed with the whole remodeling process.
Things that set DAD’s Construction apart from everyone else on our Mission Viejo guest bathroom remodel:
- Dan is a genuine all around great guy, who is knowledgeable in the industry, friendly, honest, detailed oriented, and has integrity and a great sense of humor. His work is extremely high quality that will last. He made sure everything was done right, up to code and standards and went the extra mile. He even noticed and corrected a previous issue in our master bathroom that was not part of the remodeling project.
- Dan was organized and provided input and suggestions on color combinations, tile samples, countertops and catalogs.
- Dan was on site everyday and never left the house unattended. When he did leave, he made sure everything was secured, locked up and cleaned up immaculately.
- The workspaces, including the garage, covered in plastic and heavy cardboard to protect floor surfaces and all traffic areas from debris. Everything was cleaned daily, seriously…he was on his hands and knees wiping down the plastic coverings to make sure there was no debris/dust left…he even cleaned the bathroom nightly before he left…….it was amazing.
- Dan made sure to communicate to us daily, either face-to-face or via email. He was always available for questions. Dan provided from the get-go, a schedule so we knew what to expect and when. His wife, Lori, was also always available by phone and email. Lori handled all the scheduling of appointments with the designer at Daltile so that the selection of our quartz vanity top was exactly what we wanted.
Dan, Lori and two sons Adam and Eric were all wonderful to work with. Adam and Eric are hardworking, respectful, courteous young men who have the same work ethic as their Dad, Dan. Dan and Eric are quite the bakers….they surprised us on several occasions with some amazing chocolate truffles and chocolate cake….very yummy.
We have two animals, a dog and a cat; never had to worry that they were going to get out while work was being done.